At Devicie we are passionate about helping organisations to protect people’s private information, whether it be data about their employees, suppliers, partner companies, customers or third parties. And we’re equally passionate about applying those principles to our own business.
However, we also want you to be aware that no security measures are 100% effective, and despite our very best efforts, there is always a risk that your information could end up in the wrong hands. Should that happen, and as soon as we become aware it has happened, we will immediately let you know and do what we reasonably can to protect you from any harm that could arise.
1. We respect your privacy
- Devicie respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
- Devicie will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
- Devicie may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- Devicie may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Should you at any time want us to stop contacting you or to delete any and all personal information we hold on you, you can tell us by e-mail to [email protected] We will take all reasonable measures to comply and it may take us a few business days.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- Unless you ask us not to, we may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors but only insofar as reasonably necessary to provide you with marketing information or to provide you with services you have authorised. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is necessary for the delivery of our services. Where reasonably practical, we will request your permission beforehand. We will also request that the third party follow this Policy regarding handling your personal information.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Devicie, devicie.com, its customers or third parties.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
- Devicie is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at [email protected]
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to PO Box A2572, Sydney South, New South Wales, 1235. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our website
- When you come to our website (devicie.com) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
All care is taken in the preparation of the information and published materials on this site. Devicie Pty Ltd does not make any representations or give any warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose. To the extent permissible by law, Devicie Pty Ltd will not be liable for any expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damages) or costs which might be incurred as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason.
This site may contain hypertext links, frames or other references to other parties and their websites. Devicie Pty Ltd cannot control the contents of those other sites, and make no warranty about the accuracy, timeliness or subject matter of the material located on those sites. Devicie Pty Ltd do not necessarily approve of, endorse, or sponsor any content or material on such sites. Devicie Pty Ltd make no warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this website is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world.
If you have any concerns regarding the content of the Website, please contact Devicie Pty Ltd via the Contact page.