Product Engineering Specialist – Backend
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Devicie family and develop your career in an environment where you are encouraged to take on projects out of your traditional domain or technical specialisation. We provide a continuous learning environment and offer training in cybersecurity to ensure you have the knowledge and skills required to work with our clients.
At Devicie, we’re a team of passionate technology advocates on a mission to accelerate workplace modernisation by simplifying end-user device management.
Devicie enables IT teams to deploy and maintain their end-user device fleet securely, permanently and at scale. With Devicie, organisations can accelerate Intune implementation and achieve complete visibility and control over their end-state from anywhere, with automations that span the entire device management lifecycle.
We have substantial funding, multiple customers and partners, and we are now looking to enter our next phase of growth, requiring more highly talented people sharing our values, ambition and passion for excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Engineering Specialist – Backend to lead the design, development, testing and maintenance of our core SaaS product.
You will work with our product leadership team to identify, prioritise and develop the strategic product benefits Devicie provides, and then work with our engineering and technical teams to design and build these components to better serve our customers.
What you bring to the position
From your 3+ years in a similar development role, you will bring high attention to detail, an unwavering work ethic, and a passion for technology and finding better ways to do things.
- Build the backend systems and components for our core SaaS product
- Build and maintain supporting infrastructure for the newly created systems and components
- Full lifecycle systems development ownership following DevOps principals
- Participate in continuous planning, design and testing of the platform
- Play an important part in keeping our SOC2 compliance, at times being part of the team testing disaster recovery or similar internal systems.
- Understanding of Agile behaviours, tools and techniques
- A security-first mindset in everything you do
- Significant knowledge of DevOps tooling such as Azure DevOps and AWS Code Pipeline and similar
- Understanding of full-stack development
- Understanding of SDLC
- Exposure to various data stores CosmosDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MSSQL, Postgres etc.
- Exposure to GraphQL
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (terraform preferred)
- Extensive experience in incidents management, problem-solving and production support.
- Azure architectural certification
- Proven experience with scalable architectures
- Experience with automation and orchestrations tools
- Experience with Azure function apps
- Proficient with Powershell
- Exposure to container management solutions such ECS, Fargate, EKS, AKS, etc
- Exposure to CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins, BitBucket, GitHub Actions, GitLab etc).